Heavy Equipment Operators- Dozer – Full Time Year Round
Full-time Year Round Dozer Operator may be responsible for operating a variety of equipment which may include: Compactor, Backhoe, Excavator, Loader, Articulated Rock Truck, and Roller.
Dozer Operation will be the primary responsibility.
Dozer Operators must be able to perform a variety of tasks which may include: fine grading and finishing; landscaping; sloping and building berms.
Work with other equipment may include; backfilling; ditching; excavating; rough grading; grubbing; sub-grade excavating; sub-grade rolling; trenching; material handling; slope grooming and; snow removal.
· Customer and quality focus
· Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
· Team work
· Excellent problem solving abilities
· Responsibility and dependability
· Ethics and integrity
· – Operate heavy equipment to complete a variety of job tasks to assist with construction projects
· – Clean, lubricate, and maintain equipment
· – Conduct daily equipment inspections reports on equipment before use
· – Report any repair issues or equipment hazards immediately
· – Assist with general labor duties when needed, in order to complete construction projects
· – Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
· – Complete daily paperwork detailing job hours and job hazards
· – Comply with all company policies and procedures
· – Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
· – Minimum 2 years of experience operating a Dozer
· – Basic measurement and calculation skills
· – Ability to follow safe working procedures
· – Excellent observation skills and a strong attention to detail
· – Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$23.00 per hour
- RRSP match
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
To keep our employees safe, Carman Construction has implemented site specific procedures to ensure our employees have a safe and welcoming work environment. Covid-19 Protocols have been implemented company wide and must be followed. Interviews by phone.
- heavy equipment operator: 2 years (Required)